Design for manufacture (DFM) and best practice consistently delivers design enhancements, quality improvements, cost competitiveness and shorter market lead times.
At KMF we offer our customers the complete design to delivery solution. The design phase and the introduction of new products are a critical part of our Business Relationships.
With more than 80% of a products price and supply chain performance determined in the design-engineering phase, accessing the right partner who can deliver on all fronts is imperative. KMF have the People, Quality, Technology and Reputation in the market place to help you succeed.
We have a dedicated New Product Introduction (NPI) team able to utilise the latest technology and software. Their aim is to:
- Understand and ensure we can meet the customer's requirements.
- Carefully manage the initial design phase to ensure there are no delays.
- Agree timescales to meet our customer requirements.
- Utilise design for manufacture and cost optimisation tools.
- Provide prototypes or 3D models allowing early customer collaboration.
- Produce engineering drawings and bills of materials including supply chain.
- Provide customers with full issue level controlled drawings at sign off stage.
- Final system & integration testing to specified customer criteria.
Successful new product introduction demands an experienced customer focused team. We have the experienced engineers aligned with the latest manufacturing technology, this is the KMF Advantage.
We aim to provide our customers with a product that offers a cost effective solution. It is in our interest to ensure products can be manufactured to the correct quality standards and specification every time.
- CREO 2.0
- Windchill data management system
- 3D Radan, Sheet Metal Design and automatic unfolding package
- 3D Pro-engineer
- 3D Solidworks
- invoice and B.O.M. creation